Children between the ages of 30 months and 6 years of age are astonishing. They start moving with remarkable speed and surefootedness. They learn to speak a language! Many begin reading stories and figuring with numbers. This development is entirely normal, yet nothing short of miraculous. These are the children of the primary class. How fortunate if they attend our Montessori school. The teachers are especially sensitive to what is developing within the child. More importantly, they know that these “miracles” happen at different times and at different speeds for each child, and so they take care to stimulate without pressuring, to challenge without compelling. The Montessori classroom provides an array of sensorial learning materials, much of it specifically designed by Maria Montessori. But, perhaps more significantly, the classroom provides a social environment, a child-sized world wherein, in addition to personal development, the child may learn an essential sense of community cooperation, peace, sharing, respect, thoughtfulness, and generosity.
- 30 months to 5 years.
- Montessori trained guides and assistants.
- 10 to 1 ratio.
- Abundant Montessori materials in practical life, sensorial, language (reading and writing), math, science (earth, astronomy, botany, zoology, anatomy), culture (geography, social studies, peace education).
- Strong focus on order, concentration, coordination and independence.
- Specialized weekly music, physical education and art classes.
- Individualized curriculum that contains kinesthetic, auditory and visual components to meet the needs of every student.
- Language immersion.
- Strong sense of community, cooperation, sharing, respect, thoughtfulness and generosity.
Contact us today for more information and next steps.